One Summer of Broadway-style musicals. One summer of pure fun.
Since 1992, Bakersfield Music Theatre has provided quality musical theatre training to students ages 6 to 18. Summer workshop builds core skills that will advance students in the entertainment industry and beyond.
Now introducing children's dinner theatre! Workshop rehearsals and performances now held at Stars Theatre Restaurant in downtown Bakersfield! Enjoy the complete STARS EXPERIENCE this summer!
What to Expect
- Students receive singing, dancing, and acting training - for beginners to pros! Every student will be challenged and take away valuable performing, public speaking, and social skills.
- Students have the unique opportunity of performing on "the big stage" at Stars Theatre Restaurant!
- Every role is a starring role! Directors focus on ensemble building and making sure every student has a chance to shine.
- BMT Workshop's exceptional staff consists of professionals in education and the performing arts.
- Enrollment includes 4 weeks of training (M-F), 4 performances, costumes, t-shirt, cast photo, cast party, and 2 complimentary show tickets!
- With Stars Theatre Restaurant as a resource for sets, costumes, lights, and props, our summer musicals are the highest quality you’ll find in Bakersfield!
- With performances now at Stars Theatre Restaurant, audiences can expect the full "dinner theatre" experience!
New for 2019
Stars School of the Performing Arts is looking forward to a bigger and better summer than ever before! This year, we are excited to announce that all rehearsals and performances will be held at Stars Theatre Restaurant in the heart of downtown Bakersfield! Students will have the unique opportunity of performing on Stars' very own mainstage! Additionally, for the first time ever, we will be offering a meal add-on option to tickets for a real dinner theatre experience!
Parents: Complimentary tickets cannot be reserved online. To reserve comps (2 show-only tickets per student), please call (661) 325-6100 or visit the box office M-F, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Guys and Dolls Jr.
Book by Abe Burrows and Jo Swerling
Music and Lyrics by Frank Loesser
Based on "The Idyll of Sarah Brown" and characters by Damon Runyon
AM Session Only: July 8 - August 4, 2019
9 a.m. - Noon
Directed by Kenneth Whitchard
Vocal Direction by Diane Kennedy
Choreography by Sharida Rodriguez
Performances: August 1, 2, 3, 4 2019
Guys and Dolls Jr. is an adaptation of the show considered by many to be the perfect musical comedy. Its namesake ran for 1,200 performances when it opened on Broadway in 1950 and won numerous Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Frank Loesser's brassy, immortal score and witty book makes Guys and Dolls Jr. a perennial crowd pleaser.
Set in Damon Runyon's New York City, Guys and Dolls Jr. follows gambler, Nathan Detroit, as he tries to find the cash to set up the biggest crap game in town while the authorities breathe down his neck; meanwhile, his girlfriend and nightclub performer, Adelaide, laments that they've been engaged for fourteen years without ever getting married. Nathan turns to fellow gambler, Sky Masterson, for the dough, but Sky ends up chasing the straight-laced missionary, Sarah Brown. Guys and Dolls Jr. takes us from the heart of Times Square to the cafes of Havana, but everyone eventually ends up right where they belong.GUYS AND DOLLS - ENROLL NOW!
$385 - New Student, Single Student
$365 - Returning Student, Single Student
$345 - Family Discount, 2+ Students
Stars School Online
Follow Stars School of the Performing Arts on Facebook! #bmtstars